Visit The Phyl Campbell Website

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

"Stained Glass Symphony"


SILLY Dreamers : Wild Love of Art, Poetry, Spirit: The Romantic Gyspy Life posted this image:
To my knowledge, these pictures belong to SILLY Dreamers; my use of them is educational and editorial if not creative.
and invited people to write a poem about it. My friend Michael shared the challenge with me, knowing I am a sucker for such things. What follows is what I created; I hope you enjoy it!
 

"Stained Glass Symphony"

Stained sky in hues of yellow and dark.
Bare limbs ignite the muse's spark.
The sun fades fast but not all's lost,
A melody to melt the frost.

Stained glass flower holds the sun
Rays of light echo and hum
Across the petals and raise the sound
Crackling ice beats on the ground

Last rays pluck violin strings
Clouds blow smooth and clear air brings
Soul and jazz in nature’s hymn
Dusk renews, begins again.

You never heard a sweeter song
In time between the dark and dawn
Heard through a flower with stained glass petals
Trees dance and quake and shake – none settles.

To my knowledge, these pictures belong to SILLY Dreamers; my use of them is educational and editorial if not creative.


No comments:

Post a Comment